True/False question type
From Carleton Moodle Docs(Redirected from 38/en/question/type/truefalse)
- Question behaviours
- Question types
- Questions FAQ
A student is given only two choices for an answer in this kind of question: True or False. The question content can include an image or html code.
When feedback is enabled, the appropriate feedback message is shown to the student after the answer. For example, if the correct answer is "False", but they answer "True" (getting it wrong) then the "True" feedback is shown.
Note that the True/False question type in a Lesson module is quite different. It is effectively the same as the Multiple Choice question type in a Lesson, but with only 2 responses. See Lesson activity.
- Select the question category
- Give the question a descriptive name - this allows you to identify it in the question bank.
- Enter a question in the 'question text' field.
- Select an image to display if you want to add a picture to the question. For the student, it appears immediately after the question text and before the choices.
- Set the 'default question grade' (i.e. the maximum number of marks for this question).
- Set the 'Penalty factor' (see Penalty factor below).
- Moodle 1.7+: If you wish, add general feedback. This is text that appears to the student after he/she has answered the question.
- Select the correct answer - true or false.
- Finally, provide feedback for each of the answers 'true' and 'false'.
- Click 'Save changes' to add the question to the category.
The 'penalty factor' only applies when the question is used in a quiz using adaptive mode - i.e. where the student is allowed multiple attempts at a question even within the same attempt at the quiz. Then penalty factor for a True/False question is always 1. If the student does not get it right first time, they get no marks.