From Carleton Moodle Docs(Redirected from 33/en/course/resources)
A resource is an item that a teacher can use to support learning, such as a file or link. Moodle supports a range of resource types which teachers can add to their courses. In edit mode, a teacher can add resources via the 'Add an activity or resource' link. Resources appear as a single link with an icon in front of it that represents the type of resource.
- Multi-page resources with a book-like format. Teachers can export their Books as IMS CP (admin must allow teacher role to export IMS)
- A picture, a pdf document, a spreadsheet, a sound file, a video file
- For helping organize files and one folder may contain other folders
- IMS content package
- Add static material from other sources in the standard IMS content package format
- Can be a few displayed words or an image used to separate resources and activities in a topic section, or can be a lengthy description or instructions
- The student sees a single, scrollable screen that a teacher creates with the robust HTML editor
- You can send the student to any place they can reach on their web browser, for example Wikipedia
Managing resources in several languages
The restriction by language availability condition additional plugin makes it easy to show an English resource only to English users and an activity in French only to French speaking students. See this forum thread for an example.