Difference between revisions of "Using External tool"
From Carleton Moodle Docs
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
Latest revision as of 13:49, 12 June 2018
Finding LTI providers to use
Here is a list of LTI certified tools from IMS Global.
See also LTI Apps for another list of examples.
A working example
- The Moodle School demo site has a Senior School Chemistry revision course The course is open to guests but activities are only available if you log in. Log in with username "student" and password "moodle".
- While there are many revision quizzes created with Moodle's own Quiz module, the Open Education ChemVantage site also offers videos,homeworks and alternative quizzes, so linking to such a tool provider allows teachers to save time generating their own teaching materials while benefitting from resources available elsewhere.
- When students click the External tool link (in this case the ChemVantage Atoms & Elements quiz) they are automatically signed into the connecting site/tool provider (screenshot 1 below) and can take the quiz immediately.
- When the student has completed the quiz, the tool provider displays their grade (screenshot 2 below) and when the student logs out of the tool provider, the grade is passed back into Moodle (screenshot 2 below)
- Wordpress and LTI tutorial by Chris Kenniburg
- Moodle 2.2 will support connecting to IMS LTI tools blog post by Gavin Henrick
- LTI Sites forum discussion