Subscribing to Moodle calendar in Google
From Carleton Moodle Docs
Moodle Calendar will be automatically populated with assignment due dates from each of the courses in which you are enrolled. Faculty can also add events to the Moodle calendar directly for any of their courses.
From the Moodle home page, your calendar will show you all information from all courses. Moodle does not support subscribing to specific course calendars.
Moodle Calendar is visible either in the Upcoming Events block or the Calendar blocks on any course sites that use them.
Subscribing to Moodle Carleton in Google
- Login to Moodle
- At the bottom of the "Upcoming Events" block, click the Go to calendar... link. From the "Calendar" block, click the name of the month shown.
- At the bottom of the calendar page, click the [Export calendar] button
- Choose to export "All Events"
- Choose the "Custom range" option to export the next year's worth of Moodle Calendar
- Highlight and copy the URL provided (use Ctrl + C or Cmd + C to copy highlighted text)
- Open Google Calendar
- In the left column, find the "Other Calendars" heading (below your own calendars) and click the small triangle button to it's right
- Select Add by URL
- Paste your Moodle calendar URL in the box provided and click the [Add calendar] button
- New items added to your Moodle calendar will show up in Google, but not immediately. Google Calendar will refresh the links to Moodle at its own interval, so it may take several hours for new items to show up in your Google Calendar.
- The name of the calendar in Google will be the URL by default, but you can rename it to be more friendly.
- Rest your mouse over (without clicking!) the Moodle calendar entry in Google Calender
- Click on the small triangle menu that appears to the right
- Select Calendar settings from the menu that appears
- Change the "Calendar Name" setting and click the [Save] button.