From Carleton Moodle Docs
The manual enrolments plugin allows users to be enrolled manually via a link in the course administration settings. The plugin has to be enabled by the site administrator and should normally be enabled as certain other enrolment plugins, such as self enrolment, require it.
- Go to the Participants page in the Navigation Drawer on the left side of your course page
- Click the 'Enrol users' button at the top right or bottom left of the page
- Use the 'Assign roles' dropdown if you wish to change the role.
- Search for the user (Note that when searching for users, exact matches are listed first)
- Click their name. The user will be added to the top of the search box, indicating that the user is enrolled.
- Search for any others you wish to enroll.
- When you have finished, click the 'Enrol selected users and cohorts' button.
The user will then appear in the list of enrolled users.
Students who are unenrolled in a course can be added back in manually at any time. When a student is re-enrolled into a course, all of their previous course data (grades, quiz results, etc) will be restored to the course.
Editing individual enrolment start and end dates
Enrolment start and end dates may be edited for individual students as follows:
- Go to 'Enrolled users' from the gear menu in the nav drawer Participants link (or in Course administration > Users in the Administration block if you are using a theme other than Boost)
- Click the edit icon in the enrolment methods column for a particular user.
- Edit dates as required, then click the 'Save changes' button.
Checking you have manual enrolment in your course
- In a course, go to 'Enrolment methods' by clicking the gear menu in the nav drawer Participants link (or in Course administration > Users in the Administration block if you are using a theme other than Boost).
- Make sure Manual enrolments has its "eye" opened.
Editing manual enrolment settings
Managers (and any other users with the capability enrol/manual:config) can edit the manual enrolment method in the course and set the default enrolment period and default role from the Enrolment methods link.
It is possible also for students and/or teachers to be notified when enrolments expire by selecting either "Enroller only" or "Enroller and enrolled user" from the dropdown "Notify before enrolment expires" and a time in "Notification threshold".