Difference between revisions of "IMS Common Cartridge import and export"
From Carleton Moodle Docs
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
Revision as of 10:23, 5 July 2017
IMS Common Cartridge import
IMS Common Cartridge packages, such as a study package from The Open University LearningSpace can be imported into Moodle by uploading the zip file to Administration > Course administration > Restore then clicking the restore button (the same process as restoring a course backup).
Occasionally you may have problems with packages from some other systems (Blackboard 9.1 is one example). In these cases try running the package through the IMS CC validator to check it for errors. The validator can also fix some of the errors.
IMS Common Cartridge export
A course can be exported as an IMS Common Cartridge as follows:
- Go to Administration > Course administration > Backup
- Tick the 'IMS Common Cartridge 1.1' checkbox in the backup settings
- Go through the backup steps
- Complete - Click the Continue button
An IMS CC (with distinctive .imscc extension to avoid confusion with .zip files) is then saved in the private user backup area.
Note: Currently the ONLY activities that can be exported to IMS CC are as follows:
- IMS LTI activity (external tool)
- Page resource
- Quiz (partial support)
- URL resource
- MDL-30265 Common Cartridge Export (take2) - Details of future improvements to CC export