Buttons course format
From Carleton Moodle Docs
At any time, only one section is visible and the user can change the current section by clicking on the corresponding button.
- When creating a new course, select ' Buttons format ' in the ' Course format ' dropdown menu.
- To select the format, simply choose it from the list of course formats in the course settings.
- Fill the available options:
- Choose the number of sections, or leave the default of 10 sections.
- Choose where you want the first (zero) section (which has the default 'Announcements' forum) positioned: Either ' Above the list buttons ' or ' Below the visible section '.
- Write the titles for all the groupings you will use and the number of sections that each one will have. If a group has only one section, the icon will be (...).
- Write the hexadecimal colour for the current section button and the visible section button (or leave it empty to use the default value).
A new empty course
- A new, empty course in the buttons format will show the (number of) buttons, that lead to nowhere...
- The 'number of sections' is actually the number of buttons that will be visible, e g, 9 in the following example:
- The image below shows the settings used to produce the above image:
Populating the sections inside your course
- When you build each section inside your buttons format course, remember that the very first section will be the first section inside grouping 1. In this example, the introduction:
- And each course section will be used for each remaining section for each existing grouping.
- So, in the above example, the Section # 2 of the course will actually be the part 1 of module 1:
- How can I know the hexadecimal code for the ______ colour that I want for the buttons?
Look at a colours table in the wikipedia. ...
Plugin author: Rodrigo Brandão.