From Carleton Moodle Docs
- Block settings
- Activity results
- Course completion status
- Course overview
- Course/site summary
- Latest announcements
- Latest badges
- Learning plans
- Random glossary entry
- Recent activity
- Remote RSS feeds
- Search forums
- Section links
- Self completion
- Social activities
- Upcoming events
- Blocks FAQ
- 1 Where did that block come from? I do not want it!
- 2 How can I decide the order in which blocks are docked?
- 3 The blocks have disappeared from the front page/course page!
- 4 Help, I accidentally hid the administration block without realising the consequences!
- 5 I accidentally deleted the navigation (or administration) block!
- 6 How can I add a Twitter feed block?
- 7 See also
Where did that block come from? I do not want it!
Your site administrator or some one with more permissions than you decided that block should be there. It is possible to force a block to appear on other pages. For example, a site administrator my force a HTML block on every main course page and determine where it will be, so they may put site messages there.
How can I decide the order in which blocks are docked?
Blocks are "docked", from top to bottom (usually on the left) in the order in which you dock them.
The blocks have disappeared from the front page/course page!
This can sometimes be caused by users pasting from Microsoft Word which corrupts the formatting. See this forum post for more details https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=217390#p958884
Help, I accidentally hid the administration block without realising the consequences!
- Go to http://yourmoodlesite.org/admin/blocks.php
- Unhide the administration block by clicking the closed eye icon opposite it
- Go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Blocks > Manage blocks (or via the URL http://yourmoodlesite.org/admin/blocks.php) and unprotect the navigation block by clicking the padlock icon
- Turn editing on in any course
- Go to the front page and use the 'Add a block' dropdown menu to add a navigation block there, setting it to display throughout the entire site
- Go back to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Blocks > Manage blocks and re-protect the navigation block.
The above method works the same for the navigation and administration blocks.
How can I add a Twitter feed block?
An HTML block can be used to display the latest tweets from any Twitter account. See HTML block for details.