Difference between revisions of "Badges settings"
From Carleton Moodle Docs
(→Individual user settings)
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
|[[File:.png|thumb|Viewing course badges]]
Latest revision as of 15:57, 13 June 2018
Individual user settings
- A user can manage badges from Navigation>My profile>My badges.
- A user can view available course badges from Navigation>Current course>Badges.
Viewing the badges of other users
A student can view other students' course badges by going to Navigation>Participants and clicking on the course profile of a chosen user. Badges are visible in the short (course) profile.
Course administration settings
- A teacher can add and manage badges in their course if the administrator has enabled course badges in Site administration>Badges settings.
- They will see a link to badges in Course administration>Badges. where badges may be managed and added.
Site administration settings
- Badges are enabled by default and can be disabled in 'Advanced features' in the Site administration. (Note that disabling the feature once badges have been awarded does not prevent those badges being verified by external backpacks.)
- The site settings for badges are located in 'Badges settings in the Site administration.
Default badge issuer
Here you set the name and email address of the issuer. The name will appear where the badges are displayed and might typically be the name of the organization.
Salt for hashing recipient's email address
If a hash is used (numbers and letters only) then backpack services can confirm a badge earner without exposing their email address.
Enable connection to external backpacks
This should be enabled in order to connect to an external backpack provider such as the Open Badges backpack.
Enable course badges
Ticking this box will allow teachers to add and manage badges in their courses.