From Carleton Moodle Docs
Announcements (formerly known as News forum) is a special forum for general announcements. A course may only have one Announcements forum unless it has been imported from another system which supports more than one Announcements forum.
This forum is automatically created for each course and for the front page of the Moodle site. By default, it is placed in the top of the central section and only those with editing rights may add posts or reply to posts. The forum has forced subscription set by default.
|Note: If your Moodle site has been upgraded to Moodle 3.1 from an earlier version of Moodle, then only newly created courses will have Announcements. Existing courses and restored courses will still use the term 'News forum'.|
The Latest announcements block displays a specific number of recent discussions from the Announcements forum.
Announcements may be removed from a course as follows:
- Delete Announcements from the course homepage
- In Course settings set "News items to show" to 0
- Delete the Latest announcements block
- Alternatively - hide the Announcements forum
(To restore Announcements set the "News items to show" to a number greater than 0.)
- MDL-26707 - missing News forum - it doesn't appear if latest news block is missing in new courses